niedziela, 19 stycznia 2014

My second archaeological excavations were after my first year studying archaeology. The excavations took place in famous Biskupin. Honestly, there weren't anything special, some fragments of pottery and flint tools, but what was more important - for me that were my first conscious excavations, when I knew what I was doing and why. It was a practice.
So my friends from studies and I were learning how the excavations looks like from scratch, all tiring physical work included, but also we have learnt how to do the documentation (in form of diary), the conservation (washing pottery and flint tools, the complicated preservation of wood - there is a special labolatory for this purposes), the sketches of sites horizontal and vertical, how to handle a leveller etc.
After 8 hours on the field and at the weekends we had free time. It was fun, we visited Gniezno, organized several footbal matches with locals, there were lakes nearby and we have campfire with sausages every Saturday. We also were helping in pottery store - thanks to that we could make some pots and cups from clay - manually or with potter's wheel and our work were burnt and ready to use.
I worked there 5 weeks.
  The site after the rain
My pots done on potter's wheel

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz